President Salva Kiir issued a republican order last evening, spliting the ten states into 28. But which are those 28?
The SPLM in Opposition says the move is a violation of the peace agreement, which they said was based on ten states.
Below is the list:
1. Imatong State: Torit County, Ikotos County, Lopa County, Magwi County
2. Lomurnyang State: Kapoeta South County, Kapoeta East County, Kapoeta North County, Budi County.
3. Maridi State: Maridi County, Iba County
4. Amadi State: Mundri West County, Mundri East County, Mvolo County
5. Gbudwe State: Nzara County, Yambio County, Tumbura County
6. Jubik State: Juba County
7. Terekeka State: Terekeka County, Gemeza County, Tali County and Tejor County.
8. Yei River State: Yei County, Kajo-Keji County, Morobo County and Lainya County.
9. Wau State: Bagari County, Wau County.
10. Aweil State: Aweil South County, Aweil Centre County.
11. Lol State: Aweil West County, Aweil North County, Raga County.
12. Aweil State: Aweil East County.
13. Twic State: Twic West County.
14. Gogrial State: Gogrial East County, Gogrial West County.
15. Tonj State: Tonj North County, Tonj East County , Tonj South County
16. Eastern Lake State, Yirol West County, Yirol East County, Awerial County
17. Western Lake State , Rumbek East County , Rumbek North County , Rumbek Centre County
18. Gok State Cueibet County
19. Northern Liech State: Rubkhona County, Koch County , Mayom County
20. Southern Liech State: Leer County, Mayendit County, Panyijar County
21. Ruweng StateParieng CountyAbiemnhom County
22. Eastern Nile State: Malakal County , Maban County , Pigi County , Baliet County , Melut County , Renk County
23. Jonglei State: Bor County, Duk County, Twic East County
24. Western Nile State: Panyikang County, Kodok County, Manyo County
25. Western Bieh State, Fangak County, Ayod County
26. East Bieh State, Akobo County, Uror County, Nyirol County
27. Latjor State: Nasir County, Ulang County, Maiwut County, Longichuk County
28. Boma State: Pochalla County, Pibor County
29. Abyei (Special Administrative Area).
Published 12 hours ago
Published 14 hours ago
Published 15 hours ago
Published 16 hours ago
Published 17 hours ago
Published 18 hours ago
Support Eye Radio, the first independent radio broadcaster of news, information & entertainment in South Sudan.
Make a monthly or a one off contribution.
Copyright 2023. All rights reserved. Eye Radio is a product of Eye Media Limited.