President Salva Kiir is calling on politicians from Jonglei state to handover youth involved in the attack on the Internally Displaced Persons’ camp in Bor last week.
Armed youth killed about 50 civilians after engaging in a gunfight with UN peacekeepers at the UN protection of civilian site.
6 of the youth were also killed.
“The Bor community leaders must bring these people…these youth who gathered and protested, who was their leader? Bring that leader,” said Mr President who was speaking at the Easter dinner party in Juba on Monday.
He said the killing of the civilians inside the UN compound is unacceptable.
An official of the UN Mission in South Sudan last week told Eye Radio that two of the peacekeepers were wounded in the clashes with the youth.
Published 12 hours ago
Published 13 hours ago
Published 14 hours ago
Published 15 hours ago
Published 16 hours ago
Published 17 hours ago
Support Eye Radio, the first independent radio broadcaster of news, information & entertainment in South Sudan.
Make a monthly or a one off contribution.
Copyright 2023. All rights reserved. Eye Radio is a product of Eye Media Limited.