The President of Confederation of African Football has sent a message of sympathy to the families and the players of young star of Torit, who were ambushed last week on their way to Torit.
In a letter seen by Eye Radio, President CAF Issa Hayatou said:
“On behalf of the confederation of African Football, it’s Executive, and in my personal name, please accept our most sincere condolence for this loss, and kindly convey our heartfelt condolence to the family of the deceased as well as the south Sudan Football. Furthermore, please convey our wishes of the best recovery to all those injured”.
Meanwhile, the players and the management of Young Stars FC, who got wounded in the attack, have been released from Torit Civil Hospital.
Speaking by phone from Torit on Tuesday, the local football association chairman, Anthony Barmito, confirm the discharge.
“We are out of the hospital; the players and the driver are getting on well,” Barmito told Eye Radio. “[It’s only me who is still feeling pain but hopefully I will get well soon with God’s help.”
The team was ambushed on its way from Juba after taking part in the South Sudan Cup which they lost to Al Salaam of Wau on 6 November.
Published 6 mins ago
Published 36 mins ago
Published 3 hours ago
Published 6 hours ago
Published 8 hours ago
Published 11 hours ago
Support Eye Radio, the first independent radio broadcaster of news, information & entertainment in South Sudan.
Make a monthly or a one off contribution.
Copyright 2023. All rights reserved. Eye Radio is a product of Eye Media Limited.