President Salva Kiir has issued a decree, appointing governors for the 28 states that he created in October.
The decree comes just two months after the president split the ten states into 28.
Last Month, the National Legislature amended the transitional constitution to include the states.
During the sitting, 37 MPs representing the Equatoria region and the Nuer Parliamentary Caucus in the national assembly walked out.
They said the
The SPLM in Opposition and members of the international community criticized the creation of the states, saying it was against the peace agreement.
The National Alliance of opposition political parties also sued the government, asking the court to stop implementation of the order and declare it invalid.
move did not follow the right procedures.
Days after the amendment, the Speaker of the National parliament, Manasseh Magok Rundial relieved five chairpersons and two deputy chairpersons of their duties in the Specialized Committees in the parliament.
Full list of all governors of the 28 states:
- Hon. Achiso Loluko Malik – Imatong State
- Hon. Luis Lobong Lojori – Namorunyang State
- Hon. Africano Monday – Maridi State
- Hon. Joseph Nyigele Pacifo – Amadi State
- Hon. Patrick Rafael Samoi – Gbudwe State
- Hon. Augustino Jadala Wani – Jubek State
- Hon. Juma Ali Malou – Terekeka State
- Hon. David Lokonga Moses – Yei River State
- Hon. Elias Waya Nyipuoch – Wau State
- Hon. Ruay Deng – Aweil State
- Hon. Rizik Hasan Zacharia – Lol State
- Hon. Deng Deng Akuei – Aweil East State
- Hon. Bona Panek Biar – Twic State
- Hon. Abraham Gum Makuach – Gogrial State
- Hon. Akech Tong Aleu – Tonj State
- Hon. Rin Tueny Mabor – Eastern Lake State
- Hon. Abraham Makoi Bol – Western Lake State
- Hon. Monydeng Majok Mel – Gok State
- Hon. Dr. Nguen Monytuil – Northern Liech State
- Hon. Taker Riak Dong – Southern Liech State
- Hon. Mayol Kur Akuei Ruweng State
- Hon. Philip Aguer Panyang – Jonglei State
- Hon. Dr. William Othon Awer – Western Nile state
- Hon. Chol Thon Balok – Eastern Nile State
- Hon. James Kok Ruai – Western Bieh state
- Hon. Peter Bol Kong Ngoth – Eastern Biech State
- Hon. Peter Lam Guoth – Latjoor State
- Hon. Baba Beda Konyi – Boma State